How do I evaluate nootropics and consequently decide which are the best nootropics on the market?
We all know that evaluating nootropics is a very subjective task. But everyone desires and asks for objective answers. So, it was on me to find a solution that’ll satisfy my high standards and your requirements and wishes.
Here is how my usual review works:
- Before I decide on testing a new nootropic, I make a thorough analysis. I check EVERYTHING I can find on Google, Facebook, etc. (and I go very deep…I really want to understand what and who is behind a certain product/brand).
- Based on what I figure out in the first step, I decide if I’ll try a nootropic stack or not. If yes, I ask for a sample (sometimes I simply buy it). If not, well, I at least try to tell the guys why I don’t want to test their stuff.
- As soon as I receive a new product, I stop taking any nootropics that I was taking before. I wait for at least a couple of days to “clean my body” before I try anything new.
- Then the test period starts.
Now, I tried several different approaches and most of them failed at the beginning. It was always the placebo effect that I was afraid it would harm my review process.
One day, I was playing this dual-n-back game (it’s an advanced memory game) and my results were extremely high. It was during a test period of one of my favorite nootropics. So I thought to myself – what if I include playing brain games in the review period? And so it started…
From then on, I have increased the length of my review process to at least 3-4 weeks. Based on my experience, this is long enough for me to evaluate the results of a certain nootropic stack and external factors that influence my everyday feeling.
What I look at in this 4 weeks is:
- How do I feel after I take a nootropic stack?
- Are there any crashes, headaches, stomach issues, etc.?
- Am I focused? Motivated?
- How is with my mood?
- Do I still need a coffee or am I feeling energized?
- How is it with multi-tasking?
In addition, I use the test period to play the dual-n-back game a couple of times and compare results (please understand that this game is so challenging that if you don’t play it every couple of days, you’ll suck next time).
When it comes to the dual-n-back game, I specifically observe:
- Do I feel like playing the game?
- Am I playing the game for the sake of winning or just finishing the task?
- How many repetitions can I do before I get tired?
- What’s the best result I achieve?
- Am I close to beating my best score?
Based on all results and answers I collected, I write a short summary and then compare it to other nootropics.
Luckily, I wrote a short handbook on the most popular nootropics (you can order it here ) so I’m quite fast with analyzing the formulas of nootropic stacks.
In addition, I often look at sources such as examine.com.
And that’s about it. Now you understand my process. It’s nothing spectacular, it’s not a super-scientific, but it works and it delivers results.
Please keep in mind I’m not a doctor, a biologist, a chemist nor a pharmacist, so there is no professional bias in my reviews. I’m “just a random guy” who finds nootropics super exciting and loves testing them.
The only thing that matters at the end is that we all find a nootropic stack that delivers an outstanding performance.
Luckily, all of those nootropics on my top nootropics of 2017 list deliver great results. Now it’s on you to decide which one you prefer the most!