How Not To Die Book Review
Before I tell you about my change, let me share some important information about Dr. Greger’s book.
First of all, How Not To Die book is probably one of the most comprehensive and scientific-based books about healthy eating.
It covers 15 leading causes of death among Americans and it provides a full (or in some cases, a partial) solution to minimize or inverse some of the leading causes of death.
Dr. Greger and his team took the time to do a detailed analysis of all the research that was done on this field to provide us a step-by-step guide to a healthy living and longevity.
Besides that, readers get a list of recipes and simple tips that can help us all get the most out of our diets.
Now, if you are already a big fan of a plant-based diet, you’ll love this book. It’s like music to your ears.
If you are a bigger fan of Keto, Paleo or some other diets that include animal-based food (which used to be the case for me), then you might get shocked.
It is not that this book is a bible which all of us should read and 100% believe in, but the way Dr. Greger presents the evidence of all benefits of eating 100% plant-based diet is just phenomenal.
Even someone like me who really wants to hear both sides and see all scientific studies can start doubting his previous know-how on nutrition.
Here are some things I love about the How Not To Die book:
- It provides a lot of scientific evidence (basically, every serious claim is backed by a study)
- The book is well-structured and relatively easy to read
- It’s made in 2 parts: First is the more theoretical part which is followed by a step-by-step guide
- I don’t believe there is another such a comprehensive book on nutrition available on the market
There are also some things I don’t like that much:
- It’d like to see more information about the correlation between diet and brains
- I wasn’t convinced about totally avoiding fish (especially because of Omega-3 fish oil)
- It’s a loooong book that takes lots of time to get through it
So, what are the main things I took from this book?
Dr. Greger Book Review