2. Phenylalanine Benefits
Let’s try to understand the main benefits of this interesting amino acid.
You might be surprised.
1. Phenylalanine Is Crucial For Normal Body Functioning
First of all, L-Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid, which means it is crucial for normal body functioning. 
But not just that, this amino acid participates in the production of:
- Tyrosine (another amino acid)
- Epinephrine and norepinephrine
So, if we don’t get enough of this amino acid in our body, we might encounter health issues.
That’s why supplementing it quickly solves this issue.
2. Phenylalanine And Depression
Some studies have found that supplementing DL-Phenylalanine might be an effective antidepressant.
One study was done on 20 individuals and 12 of them needed no further treatment after giving them 75-200 mg of this supplement for 20 days. 
While further studies have to be done, DL-Phenylalanine definitely shows some potential.
3. Other Benefits Of Phenylalanine
A few other studies have been of supplementing phenylalanine, but they showed mixed results.
- Phenylalanine may help alleviate symptoms of alcohol withdrawal, but results are mixed 
- D-Phenylalanine might help with pain relief 
Other studies (on ADHD and Parkinson’s disease) showed no real benefits of supplementing Phenylalanine.