2. Rhodiola Rosea Benefits
Though the root of this herb has plenty of active ingredients, two of them stand and head and shoulders above the rest; rosavin and salidroside. 
Here are the top benefits of these compounds:
1. As an adaptogen, Rhodiola employs different ways to ease your stress. It contains several active ingredients that interact with various systems in the body. These active ones include SHR-5, rosavins, and salidroside.
2. It also relieves you from fatigue. A low dosage over a number of weeks can give you a much-needed energy boost.
3. It works as an anti-depressant to improve your mood. When your neurotransmitters are out of balance, extracts from the herb can restore this balance and bring you out of the depression.
4. The herb also improves brain function such as memory retention and performance. It lets you get better sleep and eases mental fatigue. All this boosts your mental capacity.
5. It increases athletic performance. Studies show that it increases endurance during exercise while reducing perceived exertion.
6. Salidroside, a potent component of the herb, has shown some cancer cell killing properties, especially bladder cancer.
7. Initial research also shows promise regarding the use of Rhodiola in controlling diabetes.
Not bad from the root of a small herb.
Rhodiola Rosea Health Benefits